Thursday, March 6, 2014

Birds Baby Quilt

I'm trying to catch up with my projects from the past year.  I'll start with this baby quilt that my daughter requested I make for her new brother and sister-in-law. They live in the UK and have an Irish heritage. She let me come up with a design. I did my best to come up with something a little Irish and a little whimsical. I loved the bird fabric. It was my inspiration. I love to applique, so hand stitching the birds, leaves and Celtic vine around the outside was a nice winter evening project.



I backed the quilt with a blue ticking fabric. Not knowing whether it would be a boy or girl, I tried to make it gender neutral. It was a girl! She will be a year old very soon. Happy Birthday Una! Hope you are enjoying your quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment