Thursday, March 8, 2012

Politically Correct Decorating

Normally I don't get too involved in politics.  Generally I vote with very little research. I listen to the opinions of a few close people and the hardest part is remembering to get to the polls and vote.  Yesterday I received a "forwarded" email.  You know the kind.  If it's not political, it's religious. It's a chain letter email. " If you forward this message to ten people, your prayers will be answered at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning."  The email I received yesterday was a political slam on Obama.  Normally I would have just deleted it, but it talked about re-decorating the oval office and I thought, well I can form an opinion about that myself.

The email basically said that Obama was not having flags behind him during press conferences and that he had changed the red, white and blue oval office to a "middle eastern" theme.  It also said the golden drapes behind Obama had Arabic symbols on them. (It's his secret code to his Muslim terrorist friends)
Here is the photo of Obama with the "Arabic drapes and "no flags".  I did some research and found that the curtains have been there for some time.  They are possibly either the ones that the Kennedy family put up or Barbara Bush switched out.















Apparently the Bush Family are Arabic deco lovers too!  Here's a fun article to read more in reference to this topic: Dastardly Drapes. Obviously this is old news and just now hitting the mid-western emails.

And, what about the new look in the oval office?  Here are some before and after shots: Here is the so-called "red, white and blue look?
Before

After


 What I see is: wallpaper for the walls, reupholstered furniture, a new coffee table and lamps .  The rug has been changed from the sunburst effect to one with quotes from past presidents around the outside of the rug.  I'm not really getting the "middle eastern" look. But then, maybe I don't know "middle eastern". Maybe I have the "middle eastern" deco going and just don't know it!
 
And what about the intro to the email stating that Obama doesn't have flags behind him? 


 I am not for or against Obama, but is this the Republican's campaign strategy? Really?  I must admit, one year we forgot to put the flags on the stage at our high school graduation.  We didn't notice until the pledge was said and everyone turned to the back of the gym to face the flag that was on the wall.  We weren't accused of being Muslim terrorists, but we never forgot again.  The East room gets used a lot.  Maybe someone just forgot to put them out?  Go here for just a little more info about the East room. Here's a great historical photo gallery of the oval office.  Enjoy and decorate politically correct.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Too bad everyone doesn't take the time to check things out this well before spreading them as truth. (that's an apolitical opinion by the way). Remember all the stuff flying around about why Walgreens didn't come to RC? Nobody took the time to find out the real reasons, just made them up and kept spreading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already forgot...why didn't Walgreens come to RC?

      Delete